Between 1921 and 1924, Wright attended the Art Students League in New York and the Columbia University of Architecture. He began by apprenticing with Norman Bel Geddes, then a stage designer.
In 1930, as a member of the American Union of Decorative Artists and Craftsmen (AUDAC), Wright exhibited his design of an aluminum cocktail shaker at AUDAC's exhibition in Manhattan. The design was such a success that Wright began a business with his wife Mary in 1930, designing and producing spun-aluminum accessories for the home
Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, Carl Garant attended the University of Illinois, Urbana, where he received his BFA (’70) and MFA (’74) in Industrial Design. Prior to attending graduate school he practiced industrial design both at corporate (Continental Can Corporation, General Motors) and consultancy (Dana Mox Assoc.) levels.
Toby Thompson was born in Kvinesdahl, Norway, emigrated to the US in 1934 and grew up in New York City. In 1950 he attended Brooklyn College and studied Liberal Arts. From 1952 to 1954, he was drafted into the US Army infantry and served in Berlin, Germany. He became a US citizen on Radio Free Europe. In 1954 he attended Fordham University, studying Liberal Arts. In 1955 he entered Syracuse University and graduated in 1959 with a bachelor's of industrial design (BID).
Professor Emeritus, Department of Industrial, Interior and Visual Communication Design, College of the Arts, The Ohio State University; Retired Professor of Industrial Design, College of Architecture, Georgia Institute of Technology; Formerly: Director, Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access and Professor of Industrial Design, College of Architecture, Interim Director, Advanced Wood Products Laboratory, 1995-2001, Georgia Institute of Technology.
Herb Tyrnauer received a bachelor's in fine arts from Carnegie Mellon University in 1955 and a master's in fine arts from Cranbrook Academy of Art in 1958. From 1955 to 1957, he worked for NYC Berteli Display Corp. and for Raymond Spilman & Associates. From 1958 to 1961, he was an assistant professor in interior design at Texas Woman's University. From 1962 to 1971, he established a partnership, Tyrnauer & Holtzman Design Associates.